Domain Registration and renewal
1. How do I register a domain name with ISRegistrar.com?
2. Can I delete a domain if I made a mistake?
3. The domain name I want has expired according to its WHOIS record. Why can't I register that domain?
4. I have just registered a domain with ISRegistrar.com and when I check the availabilty of that domain in any WHOIS, the domain shows up as available. Why is that?
5. What is the maximum number of years that my domain can be registered for?
6. Domain Name Registration Policy
7. Domain Name Expiry
8. Domain Name Deletion
9. Redemption Policy
1. What is a Domain Name Transfer?
2) How much does it cost?
3) Are there any requirements for making a domain registrar transfer?
4) Is authorization code important?
5) We would not deal with individual domain owners
6) Domain Lock
7) Client Delete/Transfer Prohibited?
8) Common reasons that the transfer to ISRegistrar.com fail
1) What are the payment methods?
2) I would like to use another credit card for making payment.
Domain Registration and renewal
1. How do I register a domain name with ISRegistrar.com ? back to top
- Establish a reseller account with ISRegistrar.com and add funds accordingly
- Login to your account with your username and password
- Under “Domain Tools”, go to “Register Domains”
2. Can I delete a domain if I made a mistake ? back to top
Yes, you would have up to 72 hours to delete a domain registered within your reseller account. You will be charged USD2 and the balance will be credited into your account. No refunds will be available after your domain has been registered for more than 72 hours.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This feature is provided as a courtesy and for the purpose of correcting mistakes during registration. ISRegistrar.com at its sole discretion may limit the amount of credits returned and/or deduct credits to cover administrative costs.
3. The domain name I want has expired according to its WHOIS record. Why can't I register the domain ? back to top
A domain would be available for registration for a maximum period of 10 years. The domain will be deactivated after the domain has expired 24 hours according to the expiry date on our record. All domain services including the web site and email will no longer work once the domain has been deactivated.
For approximately 40 days the domain will be available for renewal without any additional charges. After the 40 days Expired Period end, the domain will enter the Redemption Period which would last for 30 days. At this stage, the owner of the domain would need to pay additional USD120+Renewal fees to renew the domain.
If no renewal shall be made at this stage, the domain will be available again for public registration 5 days later. Therefore, a domain will take up to 75 days to be available for public registration after its expiry.
4. I have just registered a domain with ISRegistrar.com and when I check
the availabilty of that domain in any WHOIS, the domain shows up as available.
Why is that ? back to top
The domain is registered instantly, but the WHOIS database (the global domain database) takes about 24 to 72 Hours to get updated worldwide. You will have to allow that time period for the domain to show up as registered by you.
Once you have registered your domain in our system, the system will update the root name servers and it will propagate within 24 hours before your domain name would be available in the WHOIS lookup.
5. What is the maximum number of years that my domain can be registered
for ? back to top
gTLDs such as com/net/org/info/biz domain names can be registered for a term up to 10 years.
6. Domain Name Registration Policy
back to top
ISRegistrar prohibits the registration of domain names for usage and dissemination of pornographic material, illegal downloads, HYIP etc.
7. Domain Name Expiry back to top
When a domain name is not renewed after its Expiry date, it will fall into the Renewal Grace Period. This period would be for 40* days (for most domain name extensions). All such domain names would be put on a Temporary Commercial Parking Page, which would indicate that the domain name has Expired. During this period, any website and mails associated with the domain name would become non-functional.
When a domain name Expires, the Registry Auto-Renews it and locks our funds for the same. However, the Auto-Renewal action is not immediate, but is queued for execution. This often takes up to 48 hours to complete. Due to this process, all Expired domain names (.COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO) display the Expiry Date one year ahead of the actual date of expiry in the WhoIs Registry.
After you have Renewed the domain name, it would take approximately 24-48 hours for the DNS propagation to complete Worldwide and for the domain to resolve to the correct server to restore web and mail access.
Note: During this DNS propagation period, your website may intermittently revert to the Parking Page and then change again to your actual website, depending on how the ISP cache refreshes. If you have already Renewed your domain name, please do not Renew your domain name again. The parking page will be automatically removed and replaced with the actual website once the DNS propagation is complete.
If you do not Renew the domain name in the Renewal Grace Period, then the domain name would be Suspended. You will however still have the option to Redeem it.
8. Domain Name Deletion back to top
A domain name may be Deleted from our database with two methods, explained below:
I. System Deletion
Once a domain name has Expired, it will go to into Renewal Grace Period, where you can Renew this domain name at the regular cost. The Renewal Grace Period would last for 40* days (for .com /.net /.org /.biz). If the domain is not renewed within this period, it will be Suspended and enter the Redemption Grace Period where you will have the option to Redeem it.
.INFO domain names will have a 15 day Renewal Grace Period. If you do not Renew the domain name in the Renewal Grace Period, then the domain name would be Suspended and enter the Redemption Grace Period.
II. Manual Deletion
If you already have a domain name Registered, it can be deleted from your Control Panel within 3 days of Registration. This 3 day period is referred to as the Money Back Period. Deleting a domain name will immediately stop all functionalities (including the Website and Mails) associated with the domain name. Also, a domain name explicitly deleted would entitle you to a Refund of the entire amount, minus a US$2.00 fee for the Deletion.
Please follow the procedure below to Delete a domain name within the Money Back Period
1. Please contact us at email@example.com for assistance with deleting the domain.
2. ISRegistrar will refund the domain registration to your account upon successful deletion of the domain.
9. What is the Redemption Grace Period? back to top
After 40 days of the Renewal Grace Period , a domain name will fall into the Redemption Period ONLY under the following circumstances:
* manual deletion of domain name by contacting ISRegistrar.com Technical Support
* System deletion of domain name past Expiry of the Renewal Grace Period
Redeeming a domain name is a costly, time consuming and manual process. The Redemption Period lasts for 30 days after the initial 40 days of the Renewal Grace Period. During this period, only the current Registrar of the domain name can Redeem the domain name. If the domain name is not Redeemed within this period, it will enter the Pending Delete period for 5 days. In this state, the domain name can no longer be Redeemed afterwhich the domain name would be deleted from the registry database and released for public Registration.
Procedure for Restoring any Domain Name in the Redemption Grace Period.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with redeeming the domain.
- Kindly note that Redemption of a domain name is a lengthy process and it may take ISRegistrar.com up to 5 working days to process.
- ISRegistrar will deduct the redemption fees from your account upon successful redemption of the domain name.
* A Restoration action, once completed, cannot be reversed. The only option would be to delete the domain name (non-refundable).
* Redemption of a domain name (only after deletion by ISRegistrar.com System post-Expiry of the Renewal Grace Period) includes 1 year Renewal.
1. What is a Domain Name Transfer? back to top
Domain Transfer is a process to transfer / change your domain registration from your existing Registrar to another new Registrar. You may use ISRegistrar.com domain name transfer process to submit an automatic request for a domain name transfer from another registrar to ISRegistrar.com.
Transferring a domain name to ISRegistrar.com means that you are choosing ISRegistrar.com as the registrar of record for that domain name thus allowing you to take advantage of ISRegistrar.com wholesale pricing for domain name registration and renewal.
Once a domain name has been transferred to ISRegistrar.com it appears in your ISRegistrar.com reseller control panel and can be manipulated and modified just like any other domain name in your account.
2) How much does it cost? back to top
Transferring domain names from another registrar to ISRegistrar.com automatically extends your registration by one (1) year from its current expiration date. The transfer itself is totally free and you will only need to pay for the one year renewal fee, which is the same as the domain registration fee under ISRegistrar.com.
In the event that the registrar transfer into ISRegistrar.com fails, the transfer fee will be refunded into your account.
3) Are there any requirements for making a domain registrar transfer? back to top
In order to transfer domains to ISRegistrar.com using our automated process:
• You must have access to the administrative contact email address on file for the domain name. During the transfer process, you will be required to confirm the transfer request via email which will be sent to the administrative contact email address on file with the current registrar for the domain name. If you do not have access to this email address, please contact your current registrar for information on changing it before initiating a Transfer of Registrar request.
• You may NOT transfer a Domain Name if that name was registered or transferred within the past 60 days or if that name, or any information associated with it, is currently in dispute.
4) Is authorization code important? back to top
Yes, in order for you to transfer .biz and .org, .info domain names, you will need to have the authorization code. You may get this code from the current registrar. Not required for .com, and .net.
5) We would not deal with individual domain owners back to top
ISRegistrar.com is dedicated to wholesale domain services and we would not deal directly with individual domain owners to protect the integrity of our resellers. Hence, we will direct all request from the individual domain owners to their respective registration provider.
6) Domain Lock back to top
The Domain Lock function is to prevent domain transfer or nameserver changes without the consent of the Domain Owner. Shall you wish to lock/unlock your domain, please contact your registration provider.
7) Client Delete/Transfer Prohibited? back to top
This status would mean that your domain is not transferable. Please contact your registration provider to fix the problem.
Could individual domain owners contact us if they could get their registration provider?
Yes, the domain owner could contact us if they have repeatedly failed to reach their registration provider using all means. However, we would try to correspondence the request with your registration provider first once we receive your request. Only after we fail to contact your registration provider, we will deal with individual domain owners.
8) Common reasons that the transfer to ISRegistrar.com fail: back to top
- The domain name registration is on a locked status.
- The domain name has been registered for less than 60 days
- The Administrative Contact rejects or does not respond to the domain name transfer request within 5 days
- The Administrative Contact's email is not valid or accurate
- The domain name has expired
What are the payment methods? back to top
We accept the following: Credit card, bank-in
(Note: It may vary for different countries)
2) I would like to use another credit card for making payment. back to top
You will need to fax us the credit card change notification together with the new credit card owner's signature.
Could not find your answers from our FAQ? Please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com and our representatives will get in touch with you very soon.